воскресенье, 16 сентября 2012 г.

SPARROW BACK AT NSU AFTER SHORT STAY IN CFL.(SPORTS) - The Virginian-Pilot (Norfolk, VA)

Byline: ED MILLER, STAFF WRITER

After a three-week adventure north of the border, Aaron Sparrow is back on familiar turf, tossing footballs at Norfolk State.

The former NSU quarterback was released by the Canadian Football League's Calgary Stampeders on June 11. He returned home and is staying in shape, in case another team should call.

But Sparrow is not devoting all his energy to football, he said.

``I'm going to go ahead and finish school,'' he said. ``I'm going to get my degree, that's what I came to school for.''

Sparrow, who is just one internship short of completing his degree in social work, may have been one muscle pull away from making the Stampeders.

Sparrow impressed coaches with his strong arm and survived an initial cut. He pulled a stomach muscle in practice, however, and spent his last week in camp watching from the sidelines.

The injury has healed and Sparrow has been throwing daily at Norfolk State, he said.

``My agent is working on some things, and if anything comes up, I'll go ahead and take that chance,'' he said.